Wednesday, February 29, 2012

About how many hours a week does an Assistant Manager at Papa John's, Domino's or Pizza Hut work?

Here's the deal: I'm going to school part time and will graduate in 2014. I've been a driver for a year and my District Manager offered me AM training at another store. I'm tired of being in the car all day and putting all that wear and tire on it so I think I may do it.



Can you give me any extra advice on what's it like? What I need to do to be a good manager, etc?About how many hours a week does an Assistant Manager at Papa John's, Domino's or Pizza Hut work?
I work at a chain pizza place, just not one of those, and my AGM works 40+ hours a week, most often opening in the mornings at 8 with me, and not leaving until 5-8 p.m. depending on the need.



To be a good manager you need to listen and diffuse complaints from employees and customers, and know how to do inventory, ordering, and tracking sales. On top of running the POS and doing projections. And make a daily run to the bank for the deposit. And take care of situations like when the make tables or fridges go down, supervise the repairman, make phone calls, take care of paperwork for corporate, and kick the bums away from hanging around the back door.



All while trying to get your prep work done, the order put away, dealing with people who call in sick, etc.



I've been a manager before at my own place until 2004. I still have no desire to be a manager ever ever again. But hey, give it a shot! Maybe it's something up your alley and you enjoy the problem-solving and organizational skills. Just be aware that you'll now be in charge of your co-workers and you can't be afraid to lay the smack down on them for stealing or laziness and such. You're no longer a buddy at work, you'll be the boss.
At least 32 to 40 hours a week. Opening the store on the days the manager has off... that means you work the weekends for sure.About how many hours a week does an Assistant Manager at Papa John's, Domino's or Pizza Hut work?
"wear and tire?" Expect 45+ hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment