Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is Domino's Pizza ripping off the consumer for millions of dollars?

I think Domino's new pizza sauce is great, their pizza is so much better than what it was. The other day I decided to place an order for delivery online. On their website (www.dominos.com) there was a coupon tab, so I checked it out and found a great deal...three large pizzas with one topping for $7/each. I clicked on the coupon and made my selections, one with pepperoni, one with mushrooms, and one with hot peppers. I then proceeded to the checkout where I noticed I was being charged $7.77 per pizza (not including tax and delivery charge), I became furious assuming this was part of a bait an switch.

I fired of an email to Domino's received an email back that was extremely generic, I was not pleased with this and sent them another email, one that had measurable numbers in it. Thanks to Yahoo.Finance I was able to estimate how many stores Domino's operates in the USA/world, which happens to be 8,533. So lets say that each of those stores has one consumer daily that uses the three large for seven dollars coupon, and let's assume that the 77 cents is pure profit. In a year of this bait and switch Domino's would yield $2.4 million [( 8533 x .77 ) 365] = 2398199.65.

$2,398,199.65 is what it is costing the ultimate consumer for this error, whether it is intentional or not...only Domino's knows.



What does everyone else think? Do you think Domino's knows about this error and are making some dough (no pun intended) on it?Is Domino's Pizza ripping off the consumer for millions of dollars?
The coupon you selected may not be valid at your local store. Each store is independently operated and chooses what coupons they will accept. Hence, "at participating stores only."

No comments:

Post a Comment