Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Got a problem in my pizza dough, any advice?

So I decided this morning to bike my own pizza, but the dough is too dry and hard to deal with, like rubber!

how can I fix that ?Got a problem in my pizza dough, any advice?
Too much flour, not enough water. It should be a little sticky. Chill it in the fridge for a while so it isn't as stretchy, the more you handle it the more rubbery it gets. Notice instructions say, "knead till smooth and elastic." Stop before it becomes "elastic."
Italians use 00 (double zero) flour for pizza only. It is high protein, but is fine like talcum powder, and can be rolled extremely thinly.



In Italy, an authentic Neapolitan pizza can only use 00 flour, or else it is illegal to call it Neapolitan pizza!



It is hard to get in the US, but can be ordered online, like from here: http://veganpizzaplace.com/00-flour-for-鈥?/a>



I know most people outside of Italy don't use it, but really there is nothing else like it, in terms of the way it handles when you are making it, and the way it tastes after it's cooked.Got a problem in my pizza dough, any advice?
You should try baking it instead of biking it.
don't loose hope try baking it. failure is necessary for a big success

No comments:

Post a Comment