Friday, February 24, 2012

Isn't Pizza the greatest food of all! Easy, versatile, healthy, a cultural icon... and very tasty!?

Pizza. The greatest food of all. It evokes Americana like baseball and fireworks on the 4th of July. I'd like to dialogue on what pizza means to everyone. I'm producing some mixed media fiberglass art pieces dealing with Pizza for a local gallery exhibit and I'm hoping comments will give me that artistic insight that I need to excel. So, artists, I need a cyber-muse (what an interesting concept)



http://360.yahoo.com/hartley8184Isn't Pizza the greatest food of all! Easy, versatile, healthy, a cultural icon... and very tasty!?
I agree. It's the most versatile food this side of chicken, and it's like a theatrical space--it invites the imaginative mind to fill it with not just one thing but combinations of colorful ingredients, flavors, cheeses, sauces, spices, herbs, vegetables, meats, condiments, mushrooms and olives.

And it's like an Eva Zeisel ceramic or glass object or rank Lloyd Wright house--it's supposed to be the best when you're actually interacting with it. Only she and he makes use objects and architectural spaces, and this one is "edible".

Just thinking about a new pizza combinations, starting with a starring flavor and something to match with it, is a trick I use to stimulate my mind to the exploring of other new territories, in fiction, strategic thinking, inspiration musically, etc.



I think what I like best about any pizza is designing it--then at the point where I take the finished example out of the oven and I've been smelling it for 8 minutes or so and get to see it--the colors like a tesseract abstract design and the presentation as it cools for five minutes before being sliced--that's the best part. Other than eating it of course...



Hey for your next question, why not connect with me and then ask everyone, me included, for new, different and favorite combinations for pizza (shorter answers please)? Just a thought; anyway, good luck with the art project.Isn't Pizza the greatest food of all! Easy, versatile, healthy, a cultural icon... and very tasty!?
it is comfort food. comfort can mean a million things.

No comments:

Post a Comment