Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pizza Hut charges for delivery now?

I haven't hat pizza hut in probably 10 years. Tonight I called my local (hartford, ct) Pizza Hut to get one of their $10 pizza deals. The guy gives me the total of $12 and change, so I asked what's the deal? Says there's a 1.99 delivery fee. I'm only about a block away, so it wasn't about distance.



Is this a normal practice for Pizza Hut and other pizza chains? I didn't really give a tip (asked $7 back), assuming that's what the delivery fee is for. Can anyone tell me if it goes directly to the driver? If not, the poor guy is getting screwed by this policy! I ain't tipping like $4 on a $10 pizza!



I intend to inquire and complain to the company. And I certainly don't plan to do biz with them again. But if anybody can answer my Qs, there's 10 points in it for yas. I really hope the driver gets the 1.99 for each delivery, if not he is being robbed!Pizza Hut charges for delivery now?
Pizza Hut has always charged for delivery as far as I can remember. Where I live its $2.50 and the driver gets $1.50 for gas.
Ok, as a current driver for Pizza Hut I can tell you that our delivery fee is 2.50. 0.91 of that goes to me for fuel and maintenance. The rest goes to cover Pizza Hut's butt in case I'm killed in a car wreck while working for them. There you have it.

Report Abuse

Pizza Hut charges for delivery now?
It's not that big of a deal. I think it's a rip off that he only gets paid $1.99 to deliver it to your lazy.......butt. If delivery is such a big deal to you then you shouldve thought ahead and picked it up yourself and saved yourself the worry of two dollars since you only live a block away. So put it in your juicebox and suck it. Its nothing to make a scene about and complain.
they get paid an hourly wage plus tips I'm not sure about where the delivery fee goes I'm pretty sure it would go to the driver but they get gas allowance as well.I used to work for tips as a server so i always tip the driver no matter about the delivery charge or not.
EVERYBODY adds a delivery charge. Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa John's, etc.



I have never gotten a pizza here in Las Vegas without paying one for the last 2 decades, anyway.



Last week I got the two for $5.99 each from Dominoes and it came to $14.98 + tip.
It's completely normal practice, and none of the money goes directly to the driver in any sense. Consequently, drivers hate the policy, because it makes people tip less.
Yes, it does
you would be surprised to know that less then half the people out there tip...

between 39 and 44 % tip....the 1.99 is his tip..
yep.. they do..
Depends on where it is.
Yes, it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment