Friday, February 17, 2012

Whats the big deal about NY style pizza?

I was born and raised in brooklyn,new york ( bensonhurst) and i would take dominos pizza over pizza from a local placeWhats the big deal about NY style pizza?
You obviously don't have developed taste buds. Bensonhurst has the best pizzerias in the USA . Lenny's for starters, and spumoni gardens are both there.

Why would you want to eat fake cheese, and cardboard?
It's just a generic pizza. Dominos could also be considered a NY style pizza. Contrast with deep dish or Chicago style. In Italy I suppose they do a lot better than the cheap mozzarella and dried herbs and usually no olive oil. You've gotto admit NY style is different than homemade. I make pizza a lot--and no damn connection with NY or any other style. If I went to NY I would still buy a slice.Whats the big deal about NY style pizza?
I guess everyone has their own taste, but I think maybe you've just never had great pizza. I'll admit, I like Dominos or Papa Johns every once in a while, but not when I want real pizza. It's kind of like if you want a sandwich, you don't go to Subway-you go to a real deli. But sometimes you really just want Subway. You just can't really compare chains like that to real, homemade pizza. The best pizza I've had in NY is at Gaby's in Queens. It was voted best pizza in NY, and then beat out Chicago's best on the Rachael Ray show.
Because New York style pizza is made the same way it is in Italy and they are really generous with cheese and toppings and don't forget spices and garlic.
Are you kidding? NY pizza is the best you cant get it anywhere else.
That's because your brain along with your taste buds are dead. Dumb guinea.

No comments:

Post a Comment