Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm afraid my parents will embarass me at work?

Next week my mom wants to take my sister to the Chuck E. Cheese I work at. They're going on my day off, and making me go too so I can get them good token and pizza deals. To be honest as much as I like my job I don't want to go on my day off! It's one thing getting paid to be there 5 days a week, but being there so much if you go without being paid there's nothing remotely "fun" about it. Also, my sister is a terror. I wouldn't want my co-workers to have to put up with her. Another big one-my boss is working cash and ticket counter that day so he would be directly working with her. Lastly my parents read my employee handbook, and saw I have a 50% off employee discount. What they didn't see was the sentance below that clearly states it's only on food, for the employee when on lunch break. Otherwise we get nothing. As far as tokens go I think I have a few dollars worth I could give my sister; but I can't give her too many for free.



And there's no way I can get out of it unless I can talk my boss to give me a shift that day or talk my parents into going a day I'm working. Still that wouldn't completely help with the fact they won't listen to me when I say no free stuff. I want to keep my job!



Any ideas on how I can tolerate this and make sure nothing too bad happens?I'm afraid my parents will embarass me at work?
You are going to have to be strong on this one - just say no! After all, what can they do? Just refuse to go and keep on refusing. Sure they will throw a strop and they may make your life difficult for a while, but it sounds like it is time you stood up to them.
  • language translation
  • duplicolor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment