Friday, March 9, 2012

Riding on a bicycle when hit by pizza delivery man. Need opinion on what I should do in this situation.?

I don't have enough room to type the majority of this in the question field so I'll be writing this in additional details.



Two weeks ago tomorrow, I was riding my bike around when a pizza delivery man came barreling out from a side street, not paying any attention to where he was going, and hit into me throwing me off the bike. Surprisingly, I suffered no injuries other then a skinned knee and the palm of my hand scraped. But after the fact, the bike hasn't been working too well. It ever since has been making a weird noise but I thought it was nothing serious, ignored it, and continued to ride it anyway. (I'm without a car so this is my only form of transportation)



Today, I was riding when things started to really go wrong to the point where I couldn't ride it. When I got the bike home, I shown it to my neighbor who knows a lot about bikes. He told me that it's seriously damaged and I either have to take to a repair shop to get fixed or buy a new bike; whatever is a better deal. I told him about how the pizza man hit me and he said that this could be what done it.



When I was hit, the pizza delivery man gave me his contact Information and said he'll pay for any damages. Now I was wondering, should I call the guy and demand that he pay me at least half of the amount I pay for repairs? How exactly should I word this when talking to him?Riding on a bicycle when hit by pizza delivery man. Need opinion on what I should do in this situation.?
Tell him you took your bike to a place that specializes in bike repair and that you were told that the damage was most likely caused by the impact. Get an estimate of what it would cost to fix it and tell the pizza guy he owes you that, or at least most of it. If he is smart he will pay it, or at least make you a deal. You could make his life miserable if you hired a lawyer, so he should be happy to pay you to fix the bike.
Sue the Pizza store and buy a carRiding on a bicycle when hit by pizza delivery man. Need opinion on what I should do in this situation.?
Not half. He should pay for the cost to restore you to a working bike.
He already offered to pay so be nice but upfront about the situation. Get an exact estimate on repairs. Then price out a new bike to see what is cheaper. Then call the pizza guy and explain your situation, tell him you have no money, which is why the bike is your only mode of transportation. But since the accident it hasnt been working. Let him know you got the estimate to fix it this is what it will cost or the other option is buy a new one if that is cheaper. Let him know you would like him to completely pay for the damages beings it was his fault and he offered, but if he cant you would like him to at least pay half. Really you could get him to pay all of it it was his fault or his insurance should cover it. Be nice he already offered so there is really no issues other than you letting him know you do need him too and what it will cost. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment