Monday, March 12, 2012

Was my behavior in a pizza shop a reason to be physically thrown out?

There is a pizza shop in Olde City Philadelphia that stays open after the bars close so everyone can get a slice after a night of drinking... Me and my friends had just left the bar and they were headed to the pizza shop. They got there before me because I had to use the bathroom. The shop is very small as there is only a counter and a line that goes back towards the wall and then swings around to the counter. As soon as you walk in you are in a line and there were a lot of people in there. So I arrived and I was in line and looking for my friends until my one friend called out my name, I saw him and I started to walk towards him, bypassing other people. As I was walking this tall black guy who was dressed in normal clothes stopped me and asked me where I was going. I had a couple drinks but I wasn't trashed but was feeling good so I said, I'm going to stand with my friends. He then said "No you're not". I then asked him if he worked there? He said yes and then a girl standing in front of him said "Yea so do I". I thought he was lying to me because he had like a sweater on and jeans and a gold necklace. I then said "No you don't"... he then told me that I wasn't allowed to cut in line. I said I wasn't ordering anything and that I was just going to stand with my friends. We argued for a few seconds and then he grabbed me and threw me out of the shop! I understand that they deal with drunk people all the time who probably act like jerks... but I don't think I deserved to be treated like that. I read some reviews on line and other people have said how rude they are too. They tell people not to stand and eat in the shop and they act like they are doing you a favor for feeding you. I worked at the airport and there is a right way to talk to people and a wrong way, especially large crowds. So do you guys think I was in the wrong for trying to cut in line even though I wasn't buying anything? They also have a person who opens the door and controls the flow of people allowed in, which I understand. But I don't think they needed a "line czar." It felt like I was at the Soup Nazi's!Was my behavior in a pizza shop a reason to be physically thrown out?
Call the manager personally and tell him what happened. Give him a piece of your mind (seriously). If he complies, great. If not, just be the bigger person and vow to never to give him your business again.
Lol no you shouldn't have been thrown out. you clearly stated that you weren't going to buy anything.Was my behavior in a pizza shop a reason to be physically thrown out?
I think you were treated unfairly and should not eat there again.
The way you tell the story, no.
They have the right to refuse service to anyone. If you weren't going to order, and just take up space, plus giving the impression of butting in line.....you probably got what you deserved.
Black dude alleges he works there, is in line and telling you what you can/can't do? He first has to ask you to leave, then if you don't, he posed to tell you to leave, then if you don't you become airborne until landing on the pavement. If that's how they treat people, tell everyone in line at the bar!
That was no reason to throw you out whatsoever! What an asshole.
Yes they had the right to throw you out, its a Pizza shop, not a social club for you to talk to your friends at you horrible excuse for a human being!

No comments:

Post a Comment