Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pizza and cheap old people are getting to me, Quit my job?

I've been an assisstant manager at a pizza place for about 2 years now and i honestly cannot do it another day with a smile .old people in this town are cheap and crabby and mostly rude, i just got yelled at by my boss, he's the third bos in the past year, and he has a temper problem that everyone knows about, he has no impulse control and thows chairs and our utinsels. not at people so far, but it is scary. i could tell our supervisor, but he may just have a talk with "bill" and send him back to me to deal with. i don't want his job, i want him gone,a temper adjustment, or maybe find another job to work at. My supervisor is usually understanding and he has been very coll with me in the past. what do you think i should do? i go in to work today at 5 and it's 1 right nowPizza and cheap old people are getting to me, Quit my job?
From one professional job jumper (ME) to you:



Food service is one of the worst sectors I have ever worked in. I was an Asst. Manager at a popular nationwide chain.

Horrible hours, horrible working conditions, being treated poorly by customers as well as the high school age dregs we got to work (if that's what you want to call it, most of them spent as much time as possible slacking off as they could get away with).



I was so desperate to leave that I took a job as an inbound customer service rep (phone work only). for a bit less money.



Spent 4 years at the customer service job and the only reason I am not there any longer is cause they closed the call center. The people were fun to work with and the work, although a bit tedious, was absolutely easy.



You my friend are burned out; food service is not a kind mistress.



http://www.indeed.com/

http://www.monster.com/

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/



If you don't have the time energy or money to further your education and get a specific degree in a useful field (I have a masters but it is in a field that I can't stand and a field that makes little money), than check out the job listings in your area and jump ship ASAP.



Good Hunting young Skywalker
Tell your supervisor! It is his responsibility to take care of this managers problem. Not yours. You do not have to put up with that! Nor should any other employee.Pizza and cheap old people are getting to me, Quit my job?
go into work...put a smile on that face of yours and as soon as you can start looking for another job...on your off hours.

always give a 2 week notice and tell potential employers you need to give a 2 week notice before coming to work for them...this looks very good to them...

gl and





be cool
skip work tomorrow and go check out the local community college....
Time to look for another job. Check your resume and see what you can do and go work on getting that job.

Keep this one until something better comes along though...gotta pay them bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment