Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pizza and cheap old people are getting to me, Quit my job?

I've been an assisstant manager at a pizza place for about 2 years now and i honestly cannot do it another day with a smile .old people in this town are cheap and crabby and mostly rude, i just got yelled at by my boss, he's the third bos in the past year, and he has a temper problem that everyone knows about, he has no impulse control and thows chairs and our utinsels. not at people so far, but it is scary. i could tell our supervisor, but he may just have a talk with "bill" and send him back to me to deal with. i don't want his job, i want him gone,a temper adjustment, or maybe find another job to work at. My supervisor is usually understanding and he has been very coll with me in the past. what do you think i should do? i go in to work today at 5 and it's 1 right nowPizza and cheap old people are getting to me, Quit my job?
I have worked in the restaurant industry for almost 15 years as a hostess, server, bartender and manager. I feel your pain.

Is it really the job or THIS job with THIS company? If you can distinguish this, then you have 2 choices.

1) You have experience, go to a new restaurant(s) and apply for management positions

2)Get a management position in a whole new field.



Good luck!
Start job searching and find a new job before you quit your current one. I have a hard time liking my job as well and wish I could quit, but advice I've been given over and over again is that employers like to see that you are currently working.Pizza and cheap old people are getting to me, Quit my job?
well, dont quit before first finding another place to go to. most pizza places will hire you right off the bat if you've already got management experience, and they may match your pay as well. consider leaving for work a couple hours early and stopping by a couple other local pizza shops. it cant hurt to ask, right?
If you are an assistant Manager, and you have been through 3 managers hang on he will probably be gone soon. I would probably turn in a two weeks notice. You are right if you go talk to your supervisor you may get crapped on at the store level.
  • little ceasers
  • superchips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment