Monday, March 12, 2012

Tip the pizza man, it's not a easy job.?

i've been reading a lot of the answers from people here about tipping the pizza man. Most think that the Drivers get paid a lot + the delivery fee. The answer is NO!!! i'm a part-time pizza delivery too. just for you know, the drivers get paid below minimum wage, drive own car. With the high gas prices, pls tip them. Please understand that the job is not easy. here are some example that drivers have to deal with..

-Hot during summertime,

-people dont know their own address, make drivers have to look for it, and mad at driver for being late.(espically Apartment)

-people don't turn their's lights on at night,( for the safety, pls turn your light on, we got robed all the times)

-pls dont get mad if drivers ask for your ID or Crdit card- it's the policy that drivers have to follow.

-don't get mad if arrived more than 30 mins.(during dinner time or party night)- one thing always on driver's mind is 30mins and hot pizza to customer.

too much to say, pls tip the man, be understanding..Tip the pizza man, it's not a easy job.?
I agree, tip the driver! I delivered all the way through grad school. . . there was a certain order all drivers dreaded. The man who opened the door and completed transaction with robe unbelted. . .! And he didn't even tip!!



Delivery people do get a fee for each delivery-- but trust me, it couldn't come close to meeting the driver's gas expenses these days.,



Finally, besides the possibility of being robbed--it is a dangerous job in other ways. Driver gets invited in because it's pouring rain, and next thing you know she/he could be assaulted. Could be jumped in an apartment stairwell. . .



Come on, folks. Your driver is practically volunteering for Pizza Hut these days!! 20 percent of the cost of the pizzas.

Pony up. If you don't have enough for a decent tip, then skip the breadsticks so you can make the tip. It's the right thing to do. God bless these delivery drivers!!
I once delivered pizza. understand how it feel... if you don't want to tip, go pick it up or cook your own. People have to make a living too. if drivers do not receive tips, i'm pretty sure that there will be no more pizza deliver to your home, or they all close down. Just think about it, you sitting on your lazy @ss watchin da game, drinking beer, while others are preparing your food. Comon sense!!!Tip the pizza man, it's not a easy job.?
Andy,

thank you for posting this, I always tip the pizza guy 20% of the bill and always know what the tab is before he arrives so I have exact amt and not making him figure out the change. Thanks for always helping out!!

Best of luck
Point taken, if people don't want to tip they can go pick up their own dang pizza, it's what I do.



PS

One time in college I was out of money after the pizza so I tipped the guy a beer. He took it.
you probably just started this job. calm down and dont make it a topic of conversation. Just do your work and don't say crap. And also if you notice some ft guys around. just be happy with some peak hour pt work. OK
My dad used to work for domino's, so now he gives the driver's huge tips and gets into long conversations with them about how hard it is to be a pizza man.
I salute you pizza man and appreciate you!! I always tip anyone who saves me from having to cook supper! I hope you find you're more valued than you think!
No matter where I go, I always leave $2.00 for a tip. However, I may start giving pizza delivery guys more.
I know what your saying. I deliver pizza part time too. My pay check won't even cover my gas. The only money i get to keep is tips.
I tip the pizza guy all the time. :D Especially the really cute ones. Ha. My fave pizza is pepperoni and shroom. :) Yum!
I always tip the decimal equivalent of pie.
you go pizza man

I love the pizza delivery drivers. I need them at least once a week for those lazy days and I always tip.............................
I always tip $5 and I always tip hair stylists $5 too. Is $5 a good tip?
I agree. As long as the pizza man is friendly and courteous, I always throw him a tip.
Ok, I agree.
okay. will do man
the driver gets paid to do this why should i pay more?
Yes, so you say tip the delivery guys cause they don't have it easy. Mwah. Average $2 per pie, and you have a great tax free night. Not to mention if delivery charge is on top of tip.



What about the guys that made the pie? Do you tip them, or share your tips? They don't make tips and get paid JUST minimum wage.



Not saying that tips arent required, just saying its a tip. So it's an option. Yeah - its all relative my friend.
I always tip something as to do otherwise is simply wrong.



For years and in many places I just call in a credit or debit, it gets cleared and the pizza comes. If something goes worng the owner has other avenues to dispute a charge. Asking for ID may protect them in way but then they will lose business from those who are normal. People who are ordering generally just want a pizza so that 2 minutes of hassle will mean the customer just goes elsewhere.



Understood that a delivery guy has to truck along. The guy though that just says good evening and can sit for 60 seconds gets the major tip. It is all about stance, looking someone in the eyes and looking right.
Yes, as a former pizza driver I can sympathize with you. I recollect a special pizza we had that came out to $11.84. I can't count the number of times I was insulted when the customer would give me $12 and say "keep the change." WTF? I started carry around bags filled with 16 pennies that I would dump all over their porch and then I'd leave a note saying, "NO, YOU KEEP THE CHANGE!"



Give the pizza drivers at least a $2 tip. Even If the amount is $12.01 just give them $15. Don't be cheap. With the price of gas nowadays who knows if the restaurant is adequately compensating the drivers. If you don't like tipping, then go and pick it up yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment