Monday, March 12, 2012

What is a good way to celebrate a 2 year old's birthday?

He won't be 2 until August so I have a lot of time but just looking for some ideas. I don't want to do anything at my home because that's what we did last year. We had a grill out and birthday cake.



I was thinking maybe Chuck E Cheese's and have pizza and play arcade games but the nearest Chuck E Cheese is about 2 hours away. Which wouldn't be to big of a deal because there would be mostly family coming and driving isn't an issue. Just looking for some other ideas. I would prefer it not be too expensive. Thanks in advance!!What is a good way to celebrate a 2 year old's birthday?
We took our son to the zoo on his 2nd birthday. He's got a real thing for animals and absolutely loved it. Then in the afternoon we had a few friends and family over for some food and birthday cake.
Chuck E CHeese is a great place to go for that age as well as McDonalds or Burger King.What is a good way to celebrate a 2 year old's birthday?
We just had a pirate party. Food was really simple - large deli sandwich and individual bags of chips. Cake with a pirate theme on it. Each of the kids got eye patches and little plastic pirate vests in a goodie bag plus a few chocolate gold coins. They had a treasure hunt to find plastic gold coins that we had hidden. They also did a play where we acted out being on a pirate ship and going through wind and rain etc. They all got to say things like Argh Matey etc and did pretend sword fights with long balloons. The kids had a great time and the parents had fun too plus it didnt cost a ton of money.
How about a picnic in the park. You could rent a pavilion and play on the playground. Weather permitting of course. They are so fun at that age.
Save Chuck E Cheese for when the child is older. I did that for my son's fourth birthday and one of the guest children was 2 and there was not a lot that he could do. What else is around your area? A day at the zoo or an aquarium would be nice.



I took my son to Disneyland for his second birthday.
I wouldn't do Chuck E Cheese at two, maybe 4 or 5. If you don't want it at your house, but want to stay relatively inexpensive, I would do a park. Kids love to play at the park!! My son's birthday is in August, and we did his at a local park with a pavilion and little fountain. Since it was August, we did it early in the morning when it was not so hot. I gave all the kids bubbles and sidewalk chalk. Then, we had cake and drinks. It was so much fun we did that at 3 and at 4! I would highly recommend this!
What about meeting at the park? The kids can play it doesn't cost anything to go to the park and you can bring cake and whatever food you want. He's only two not like he is going to care where you go. I took my daughter to the park for her bday when she was little and she loved it.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment