Monday, March 12, 2012

Ordered a vegetarian pizza from Domino's; was given meat?... How should I feel about this/should I complain?

I'm not really the sort of person who would complain and I didn't actually eat it so I'm not really upset but I do think this was really careless of the people I ordered the pizza from (Domino's.) I mean I often sense that non-vegetarians don't really understand how much of a big deal that sort of thing is to serious/morally-reasoned vegetarians, especially someone like me who has never eaten meat and was brought up viewing it as a sort of alien concept akin to how most people would probably view cannibalism.


I am mainly annoyed also because it's not like in a restaurant where you can complain and also pizzas are really expensive, plus I can't really prove that that I had ordered the vegetarian option in the first place since it was on the phone, so even if I was to go over there with the stale cold meat pizza asking for a refund (which I'm not going to do) they could just be like, "yeah... that's what you ordered."


(I'm not actually sure what I hope to gain from this. I guess I'm just kind of annoyed. Maybe is there a way of filing complaints to people like Domino's in a way that doesn't actually require phoning someone up and talking to them...?)|||This has nothing to do with being a vegetarian nor now hou feel so much superiour to other people who aren't. This just has to do with them giving you the wrong pizza. Anytime you get something different than what you paid for - you need to bring it to the attention of the merchant. It's just part of being an adult.





So get down off that high-horse of yours and call them and tell them you want the pizza replaced. WIf you got rid of the pizza - then you are out the cost and you may as not call, without the proof they aren't going to do anything different.





And the fact that you don't want to actually interact with someone and just complain to them shows a lack of people skills and insecurity on your part.|||This happened to me a while ago. Ordered a vegetarian from Round table Pizza and got one with suspicious looking things and did not eat it. Called back the place and they sent another vegetarian one without any problems. These restaurants that are chains usually have no problems in fixing up their messes if you ask for it. The thing is you should speak up.|||Call them, tell them that they gave you the wrong pizza, and ask them to replace it. You don't have to "prove" what you ordered.|||i think you should just call and tell them what happened. maybe they will give you a new free pizza with no meat maybe they wont. i do not eat much meat either|||you should have complained because why would you pay for a pizza that you will not eat. Call them and tell them they made a mistake.|||alot of meat eaters dont understandthe big deal about why we get so upset. sometimes you just gotta brush it off *even if its annoying to do*|||Dam yes you should be hopping mad, and yes you should call them to make a complaint now.


They have to take this stuff seriously. You coudl be Hindu, or Muslim, Jewish whatever and they've given you a foreign food. YOu might have a lifetime of being vegetarian and bitten into a slice in the semi dark playing Bodyshock 2.





OK it's Dominos, but why should that be different to, "hey, my vegetarian truffle salad from the Fat Duck has pork in it". No different. Customer service is the issue.


You keep the pizza you ordered and the receipt.


Call them now or tomorrow early as possible.


Ask for the manager and be mad if you must, I know I would be ( if I ate pizza), and be stern.


You didn't eat it, so no harm no foul, BUT they should offer you coupons for a couple of free pizzas, and they should apologize.


If you were on the phone, whee is the receipt? If it says Meat Pizza, then you can stil re0iterate you ordered vegetarian.


You would not go to this trouble had you really ordered a veg pizza and gotten a meat one, if all you wanted was a free pizza.


You'd look bad if you'd eaten more than a bite, but you haven't, so offer to give it to the delivery guy in exchange for a nice free deluxe version of a veg pizza.


What is the issue with talking to someone? WHomever you speak to doesn't know your face, and


believe me, they get so many calls they cant' remembr who you are after five minutes.





If you can't phone and explain and ask a relacement pizza, and that you'll give the guy your bad pizza, then you'll have to mail them.


Don't worry about them seeing a vegetarian as a weird thing, just don't act like it.|||Well, it's too late now, but you're really over-thinking this.





What you should have done was, immediately on opening the box and finding the wrong pizza, called back and asked for a replacement.





I'd bet a million bucks that's what the person who got your vegetarian pizza, instead of the meat pizza he ordered, did.





I know it's a little uncomfortable for people who don't like confrontations, but it's your money. They won't argue; it happens constantly (one pizza box looking very like the next) and "the customer is always right." However, this needs to be done immediately, not hours or days later, otherwise it looks like you're just trying to get a free pizza.





And it has nothing to do with vegetarian versus meat, at all. The answer is the same if you got sausage instead of pepperoni, or once (for me) when I got onions on a pizza I ordered without them (I hate onions on pizza).|||I'd call them and get a replacement or refund. They messed up an order and it's up to them to fix it. But understand that to them the meat on that pizza is just "food" not a moral issue. They just accidentally put a wrong ingredient on your order; they didn't mean to trample your beliefs. They work with pizza toppings all the time and mistakes can happen. You can either call them and explain and they will hopefully send you the right pizza, or you can be mad and avoid the issue and be out the money you paid for a vegetarian pizza.|||i agree with jeff muscato.by the way try to order


online next time at http://www.dominos.com/pages/menu.jsp





you could also go to http://local.yahoo.com and http://www.yellowpages.com and


in their search box to the left type single words such as buffet, pizza, or restaurant


and in the search box next to it type the street address of where you live or work.


some of these places have websites.good luck.|||Psst, dead corpse is a tautology! Just trying to cheer you up! I can see where you're coming from but you are personalising this and causing yourself more grief than you need to. Meat eaters do not see meat as a corpse; to them it's simply food. You have to rise above your feeling of horror because this is a situation you will most likely encounter quite a bit in your life. Even walking past a butcher shop will upset you, but you can't take it personally. You just have to focus on what is right for you and think "stuff the rest of them".





I feel much the same way you do about meat. In the past when I have come up against some accidental meat, I have just changed my ways and not gone to that establishment again. No more of those yummy cheese rolls since I found some little squares of ham stuck to them. No more delicious biscuits since I found they had animal fat in them. It's simplified my life! And I can highly recommend home made pizza - you can eat it without worrying about the ingredients, you can have ANYTHING you like on it, and you don't have to worry about other peoples' motives or standards.|||Of course you should complain.


I bet the guy who got your vegetarian pizza complained.


this has nothing to do with vegetarian or meat eater, it has to do with customer service and a mistake that was made. The driver probably just grabbed the wrong box when he left to deliver.


Call Dominos and tell them what happened. They are the ones who screwed up.


I would complain if I got a sausage pizza instead of pepperoni if pepperoni is what I ordered.


Vegetarians are not the only people who eat veggie pizza.


You are making a big deal out of the wrong issue.|||If I order the spinach pizza and get the artichoke pizza I call them and tell them to deliver what I ordered. That is the normal way to handle that.





If I order the vegetarian pizza and get a pizza with meat on it I call them and tell them to deliver what I ordered. Still the normal way to handle that.





I think you create more of an issue than this actually is because you see this as a VEGETARIAN demand. As if you are being fussy. But this has nothing to do with vegetarianism. Delivering the pizza somebody actually ordered instead of a different pizza is normal customer service.





Mix-ups happen. Given the amount of pizzas that have to be delivered every single day that's inevitable. Two pizzas in their box sitting at the counter, two pizza delivery guys each taking the pizza the other guy was supposed to deliver, it happens in a second. It's not a big thing as long as it doesn't happen too often and as long as the pizza place fixes any mix-ups that do happen. But in order to do that they have to be told that a mistake was made in the first place.





Believe me, they greatly prefer you calling them and giving them the chance to correct their error to you not calling, feeling like you received bad service and telling other people about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment