Monday, March 12, 2012

What is the big deal with cell phones (and driving)?

I really don't understand why people are so attached to their dear cell phones. What is so incredibly intriguing about them that makes people constantly use them? I don't even own one nor do I care to. They're fine for emergencies and so it is practical to have one, but why do people obsess over them so much? All you can do is check your text messages or...well, that's about it. And when they come with the Internet, who would want to surf the web on such a tiny screen? What's the big deal? And I hate how 9 out of 10 drivers in a line of cars are on the phone. What do they have to talk about while they're driving?? "Yeah, honey, I just picked up the pizza. Stopping at a stop sign right now." Jeez. Someone please tell me what's so great about cell phones.What is the big deal with cell phones (and driving)?
I saw a funny etiqutte column about this. The author said, "I had no idea so many people in this country were on parole! Every where you go, someone is on a cell phone checking in with their parole officer... 'I just left the bank,' or 'I'll be there in 5 minutes!'" It's so funny!! Sure they're convenient but they're as much a curse as a blessing!
Sorry to spin this another directions - however some people travel with their job (like myself) and I manage over 26 different locations. When something comes up I am the point of contact to get them out of the situation they are in. Now a days there is a huge need for communication to be increased due to business. Granted some users are for personal - which is their personal decision - but for others it is a means of their job.What is the big deal with cell phones (and driving)?
they like getting brain tumors from them.
Cellular phone users pay my bills. In fact you might even see me in my truck with the company logo on the side. I might even be on the phone trying to help someone get a site back on the air so customers can use it again. Cell phones are kinda like religion. If you have one and like it you really use it and you don't like others who don't understand it try to degrade it. And you don't like it when someone tries to shove it down your throat saying this is the only way. Cell phones are useful tools to alot of folks. And they're essential to others. And then again others don't want them in their lives at all which is fine. I don't try to push people either way, you can use it or not, it's entirely up to you. Please don't hate me because I use my phone while driving.
People can not do more than 2 things at a time. These are the ones who help cause others to have wrecks, because they are not paying attition to what is going on around them. Just hang up and drive.....

No comments:

Post a Comment