Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How can I get my neighbors to stop having their guests park in my driveway?

My driveway is close to my neighbors house and their guests or the pizza guy is constantly parking in my driveway. I have told them before please tell you guests to move but this doesn't seem to make a difference. I am constantly dealing with strange cars in my driveway. Is there anything I could do to prevent this from happening over and over? We have a nice paved driveway and theirs is just stone. Any advice would help.How can I get my neighbors to stop having their guests park in my driveway?
Totally inconsiderate!



Ask them again.



Do you live in a subdivision? If so have the local law enforcement pay them a visit while the cars are parked in your driveway.



Landlord? Have the landlord put in a request for you and let them know they are violating your space.
Put up a sign that says private driveway. No Parking or you will be towed. Then do it,have them tow it away. it might cost you a bit, but your nerves will be better.And it probably won't happen again. good luck.How can I get my neighbors to stop having their guests park in my driveway?
I had the same problem until I moved... I had to put up with it until we moved (b/c of work) but I did put my foot down when the kids grew up and had oil leak cars and parked in our driveway.

I wonder if buying stop sticks are illegal. Put them down at the base of your drive way and they will learn quickly to not park there or be stuck to be buying new tires all the time. Get a piercing alarm that only would go off if someone tries to go up your driveway.. I can't imagine that someone didn't invent something like that. With a remote that you can turn off so it doesn't go off when YOU go up it. Gate your entrance? Did you contact the police? If they know about your problem...then keeping it inforced because it's on record would be easier. Your property is to be respected. You pay taxes, you pay rent. (or whatever your situation) and you deserve the use of your own property. good luck. Oh, and check/ask the police for additional ideas, laws or rules. OH!! brillient idea just came to mind... BLOCK THEM IN! you are in your right to be there... so you are there... if they are in between... then THEY have a problem and anything the neighbor tells them is allowed will be ignored since they will not want to be blocked in again. :D
call the cops or a tow truck next time they do it. that should get them to stop. or you could put up a gate
I have heard of this many times from other people.. Unfortunately.. there is nothng tht can be done.. the police can do nothing as it is legal for anyone to park in front of your house... I have often felt that if there was some way I could plant a nail or two in the place in front, that might cause some flat tires



It just goes to show how inconsiderate and stupid people are
1- have the cars towed away.

2- charge 25 bucks per car for parking.

I would opt for #2, since I enjoy making a little cash for the holidays.
put up a sign that says "ANY ONE PARKING HERE WITHOUT PERMISSION WILL FORFEIT THE VALVE STEM IN THERE LEFT FRONT TIRE) and honer it
I cant stand rude people... block it off. park your car long ways if you have to... or get you some yellow tape and tape it off or a private property sign and then call the law and have them in for trespassing that should do it after your first call to the law
Put a barrier of some sort across your driveway for a month

or so....This will be a bit inconvenient for you as you will need

to move it everytime you use your driveway but it will get people

in the habit of not using your driveway...
Well if your driveway is blocked use the free one (your neighbor's) and after he comes to your house and asks you to move your car you will tell him why you parked the car there and that you have an urgent job at the moment and that you'll move you car in about half an hour (to finish the "urgent job" first).

He'll get the message and if he continues doing that you keep it up. He is a smart guy he'll come to the sense.



If this doesn't work put a sing "private drive way, deflating tiers"
Outside of putting nails on a board I would use either orange cones or a piece of chain across the opening, how maddening it must be. Rude too.
double park behind them so they cant leave, then wait or watch out window for them. I live in an apt complex and ppl constantly parking in my assigned space..this is the only way to deal with it. If you call the manager it takes about an hour before a tow truck comes out and then they hear all the noise of the truck and run out to move it. I like to have the final word when i tell them off and the only way to get that is to double park em in.



Also, do they own or rent. If they rent, call you countys ASSESORS office. They have on file the owners name of every single property in your county. Its public information (name, address, land value and dweling value) Look up the landlords name on google for a phone number, call 411 etc and give the landlord a call. If that doenst work write.

Ive done this before and its Extremely effiective! Stopped parking and loud music issue and dog crappin on my lawn all at once!



Calling law enforcment will do absolutely nothing. When its issues on private property, its the property owner that has to deal with it (they will tell you to go file papers with the court and blah blah blah..) Cops can only ASK them to move their car, they cant make them move it.
Very simply. Tell them again to refrain from letting their guests park on your property. If they continue such actions, the next time someone parks in your driveway, that is their guest, call a tow company and the police and have the car towed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment